What is Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy is a form of alternative medicine in which hypnosis establishes a state of concentration and enhanced suggestibility. Constructive suggestions and directed visuals are used to help people cope with a range of problems and concerns. In this article, you can gain information about false rumors on hypnotherapy, what happens in the therapy process, and some little details about the therapy form.
Unfortunately, there were many false rumors about hypnotherapy. People go to psychologists and therapists with the expectation of miraculous recovery. Erasing their bad memories, and solving all their problems in one session.
However, no hypnotherapy treatment can do that. For this reason, it is very important that you first get information about this treatment.
Hypnosis theory generally assumes that psychological problems and psychopathology are a result of some kind of auto-hypnosis. According to this theory, when the individual encounters a situation in which he or she is sensitive, the unrealistic imaginations previously registered in the subconscious triggers; the person focuses on these images and uses self-negative, self-hypnosis and suggestion without using a conscious-realistic choice, revealing dysfunctional feelings, thoughts and behavior patterns.
This therapy aims to change the self-generated auto-hypnosis by using hypnotic methods. In the sessions, hypnotic mind structure is also formed by induction and deepening methods and imaginations that can help the person develop emotions, thoughts and behaviors in the direction he/she prefers are given, therapeutic suggestions are given.
What happens in Psychotherapy?
- Hypnotherapy is one of the oldest psychotherapy approaches,
- In the hypnotherapy session, with the consent and effective participation of the applicant person’s focus increases. Consciousness is clear during the session also the person knows what is happening.
- Hypnotic techniques can treat a person’s critical inner voice, which may also lead to negative feelings, thoughts and behaviors,
- The person’s strengths and ability to produce solutions are activate. The person can apply suggestions that will create a positive (beneficial) effect on feelings, thoughts and behaviors.
A typical Cognitive Behavioral Hypnotherapy session takes approximately 50 minutes.
Last Updated on December 9, 2020 by Lucas Berg
- The Best 10 CBT Online Courses - November 29, 2020
- Amazing 17 Negative Automatic Thoughts List(ANTs) and3 Different Worksheet - November 28, 2020
- What is Manic Schizophrenia? – Symptoms - October 31, 2020