In this article we will examine Daniel Goleman Biography and answering “Who is He ?”.Daniel Goleman is a psychologist, author and journalist who writes about the brain and its effect on human behavior. He has written many books including “Primal Leadership” and most recently the best-selling “Emotional Intelligence”. His work in psychology focuses on how humans use emotion to manage relationships with others. Daniel Goleman has also been featured in many publications like Newsweek Magazine where he talked about his latest publication. This blog post will be reviewing some of his work as well as what makes him so influential to society today.
Daniel Goleman is an internationally renowned psychologist, author and lecturer. His work has been translated into thirty languages and he has authored or edited high than 10 books including bestsellers such as “Emotional Intelligence” and “Primal Leadership”. He haves many professional achievements.
Daniel Goleman Biography and Life
Daniel Goleman was born in 1946 and attended Harvard University, where he received his bachelor’s degree in psychology. He then returned to the States to earn his Ph.D., which he did at Harvard. Upon completing his education, Daniel became an assistant professor of social psychology at Yale University before eventually becoming a writer for The New York Times Magazine and finally a psychologist with the Consortium on Chicago School Research (CCSR).
His work has been featured in Time magazine and Newsweek magazine among others.Daniel’s research focuses on emotional intelligence (EI), how it can be used to assess people, create leadership programs that are based off EI strategies or even improve someone.
Daniel Goleman is a psychologist and author who has written extensively about the brain. His work focuses on how human beings can better manage their emotions, relationships, and careers. He’s also the author of “Emotional Intelligence” which has been called one of the most influential books in psychology over the past few decades. In this post I will discuss his life from childhood to present day with special emphasis on his writing career and impact he had through it all.
Daniel Goleman’s Books
Books authored by Daniel Goleman (1);
- Hot to Help: When can empathy move us to action? (2008) Greater Good Science Center.
- Destructive Emotions: A Scientific Dialogue with the Dalai Lama (2003) Bantam Books.
- Primal Leadership: The Hidden Driver of Great Performance (2001) Co-authors: Boyatzis, Richard; McKee, Annie. Harvard Business School Press.
- The Emotionally Intelligent Workplace (2001) Jossey-Bass.
- Harvard Business Review on What Makes a Leader? (1998) Co-authors: Michael MacCoby, Thomas Davenport, John C. Beck, Dan Clampa, Michael Watkins. Harvard Business School Press.
- Working with Emotional Intelligence (1998) Bantam Books.
- Healing Emotions: Conversations with the Dalai Lama on Mindfulness, Emotions, and Health (1997) Shambhala.
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ (1996) Bantam Books.
- The Meditative Mind (1988) Tarcher.
- Vital Lies, Simple Truths: The Psychology of Self Deception (1985) Bloomsbury Publishing.
Last Updated on June 23, 2021 by Marilyn Walker