Dr. Younan Nowzaradan, or the doctor Now as his patients call him. Perhaps he is one of the most well-known and beloved doctors after Dr. Who, Dr. Kimble and Dr. Oz. We met him thanks to the program (My 600 lbs life) broadcast on TLC. His golden stethoscope, his unique expression that is not lacking in his face, his pity when necessary, his dyed hair came into our lives and we loved him very much.
“The scale does not lie, people do.”— Dr Younan Nowzaradan
In this content, I tried to compile the information you would like to know about Doctor Nowzaradan and that we think will interest you.
Undoubtedly, Steven Assanti was one of the most difficult patients for Dr. Younan Nowzaradan. Steven and Justin participated in the assanti 600 lb life program twice. Justin was hugely successful and started a more smooth and peaceful life, but Steven didn’t do the same. We have prepared a special Now article for Assanti brothers. You can click the relevant link to read.
1. Younan Nowzaradan is originally from Iran, born on November 11, 1944 age 77. He is Syriac and Muslim.
Younan Nowzaradan graduated from Tehran University Faculty of Medicine in 1970. He has approximately 20 years of experience in laparoscopic surgery and six years in Laparoscopic Bariatric surgery. He is currently in St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Dr. Now married Delores in 1975, whom he divorced in 2002 because of the busy workload, and they had three children.
Delores, who was a secretary before she got married, quit her job and took care of her children. Also, for 20 years until his death, Dr. Now looked at Nowzaradan’s mother.
3- The producer of the program Heavy Lives is Dr. Now’s son, Jonathan Nowzaradan.
Jonathan is also the producer of the shows Shipping Wars and Half Ton Teen.
4. Dr. Younan Nowzaradan earns an average of $ 4 million a year.
And he mostly deals with patients over 200 kg who are not accepted by other doctors and have a high risk of death.
5. He is not only a surgeon but also a great motivator.
He deals with not only physiological problems but also the psychological problems of patients. Although he is an extremely calm, smiling person, he does not neglect to be scolded and tough when necessary.
Onun kadar başarılı bir doktor olmasında onun motive eden söylemleri ve istikrarlı davranışlarının önemli bir payı olduğunu düşünüyorum.
6.Despite his harsh outlets in places, Dr. Younan Nowzaradan does exactly what it should be, neither too much nor too less.
He has an adorable, calming, nervous look, extremely kindhearted person, and his golden stethoscope is his trademark.
7. His patients respect and care for him. This attitude is also an important factor for patients to be more successful.
The tension he feels when he enters the door of that small room with the file in his hand is incredible. Patients’ biggest fear is “Dr. What will he say now? “
8. Dr. Now’s sincere and firm manner is another reason we love him. Because of the success of these stubborn and challenging patients requires this way.
He asked a patient who gained weight even though he had to lose weight in a part of his program and asked why this happened, and when the patient said that the scale might be wrong, he left the room saying, “then do not argue with me, discuss with the scale”.
9. Dr. Younan Nowzaradan is a very frank person, if he goes like this to the patient, you will not be among us next year!
Someone who can say that the effects of this on patients are generally positive.
10. He criticizes his patients’ eating habits rigorously, and he does not hesitate to hospitalize them for months when he deems it necessary.
11. Can not tolerate arrogant patients. He cannot stand Now making excuses for the patient who is gaining or unable to lose weight.
12. He puts severe pressure on patients, but never overwhelms them. Where are you calling patients who have not come to control for weeks?
He does not say; he always leaves the decision to them because this is their life.
Last Updated on November 30, 2021 by William Lindberg