We also discussed about Hikikomori in detail to read the article Click Here
What are the therapies in treatment of Hikikomori? How should I follow a path? How can these people be introduced into society? We’ll answer your questions.
Firstly, A difficult process is waiting for the families who are facing this problem.
- People usually don’t want to get help.
- It is not only a problem related to the person, but also family relations and especially the mother-boy relationship.
- They refuse to go to a health care facility or to a doctor.
How to Apply a Treament?
I think that cognitive behavior therapy and Metacognitive Therapy will be very effective in the treatment of Hikikomori. However, there is no scientific information and study on this subject yet.
However, when we look at the source of the problem in general, the common problems of people with Hikikomori we see that:
- Their self-esteem damaged or low self-esteem.
- They’re stressed and concerned with social pressure.
- They abstract themselves in social relations.
- They develop unrealistic beliefs and thoughts
Families who have a Hikikomori problem also hires woman called ”sisters” and these woman tries to get close to these patients for 8,000 dollars a year, to communicate and solve the problem.
Rent – brother, sister What is it?
Newstart is a non-profit organization that fights with the Hikikomori issue in Japan and is an organization for the benefit of the community. The purpose of the certified rental sister system developed here is to reach out to and communicate with these people who lock themselves in the room.
Family alone cannot communicate with these children. For this reason, the rented siblings / brothers try to reach these people with certain time intervals.
They try to communicate with the letter, phone, mail. Then they are spoken behind the door and in time, they are invited to various activities to spend time outside. thus, these people needs to be introduced into society over time.
As of 2019, we know that 800,000 people face the Hikikomori problem. The newstart organization has reached 1,500 people so far . Although the number seems to be inadequate, the positive results can be a hope.
- What is Manic Schizophrenia? – Symptoms - October 31, 2020
- Dissociative Identity Disorder - October 15, 2020
- First Rank Symptoms Present in Dissociative Disorders - October 14, 2020