This guideline consists of questions prepared for you to know yourself. Basic questions in this guide Dr. Created by Erol Özmen.When applying this manual, it is important to observe yourself in an “honest” manner. It is also very important that someone else observes you and records it. These records should be evaluated with new observations and opinions. A person should be patient, flexible and tolerant in order to be able to know oneself well.Therapists and psychologists similarly use the following tests and questions. You can ask yourself these questions in the process of getting to know yourself and increase your own awareness.
One’s self-knowledge occurs in 4 processes. However, it should be kept in mind that the process of knowing yourself will continue until the end of your life.
- These processes;
Your physique properties:
Your feelings and thoughts about your physique characteristics:
Do you like your own physique ?
Are you satisfied with your own body?
What other people think about your physical?
How your physique features affect your daily life:
- Overview of your body
- The appearance of your face
- Your body weight
- Your length
- Color of your skin
Are you aware of your feelings?
- What feeling do I have now? What is the source of this emotion I’ve had?
- Does this feeling that I’m feeling right now has anything to do with my thoughts?
- Does my feeling have anything to do with my environment?
- What emotions do I have during the conflict?
- How do my feelings lead me?
What do you think now? :
Why do you think so? :
- What do I think now, what could be the source of my thinking?
- Are the feelings I’m currently experiencing affect my thinking?
Can you estimate how to act in the face of events?
Do your feelings affect your behavior?
- What am I doing now?
- Why do I act like this?
- What are the sources of my behavior?
Requests and requirements
- What are our current demands and requirements?
- Your expectations from life:
“Do you know what you like and don’t like?“
Goals and Values
- Your goals in life:
- Your moral, ethical, social and individual values:
Talent and skills
- Your talent, your skills:
- Your strengths and weaknesses:
“Do you know what you know and what you don’t know?“
“Do you know what you can and can’t do?“
How you engage with people:
What is your role in the social environment?
How does your social environment give you strength?
What kind of person are you?
What is your strategy to deal with challenges?
Do you have the power to deal with difficulties?
How do you solve conflicts?
- How much do your feelings affect the conflict resolution method??
- Are you a person who avoids conflict?
- Would you like to win the conflict no matter what?
- Are you conciliatory?
- Can you compromise?
- Identify which adjectives you like best (hard-working / lazy, responsible / impatient, patient / impatient-like, optimistic / pessimistic), please specify:
I am studying in Florida about Dialectic Behavioral Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I’m doing research on Neuro-Emotional Technique (NET), Cognitive psychology, Metacognitive Therapy.