What is Social Isolation/ Alienation Schema ?
Even if you can’t fully explain why, you think you’re different from other people. You cannot perceive yourself as part of a group, belonging to a group. When it comes to groups, you may feel isolated or left out. In communities with more than two people, you may feel uncomfortable. The social isolation scheme, along with the flaw scheme, can be one of the basic psychological dynamics of your social phobia.
Characteristic Social Isolation Behavior
- It can create situations that make you feel different in the social isolation scheme, and can be found in many different or outside environments; you may make an excessive effort to avoid these feelings, or you may endeavor to keep those feelings away from yourself. Although these pathways may seem very different, they have a common denominator to strengthen your most isolated, external, isolated perception.
- If you have a social isolation scheme, you may try to be in environments where you will feel different or lower than those around you (if you are poor you can hang out in very rich neighborhoods, you may be in different ethnic groups, etc.).
- Exaggerating the differences in your relationship with those around you and underestimate the similarities. You may feel lonely even though you’re not.
- You may be perceiving yourself the most outdoors in your workplace. You’re mostly staying on your own. You have difficulty in promotion; because you cannot adapt to projects that require group work.
- You’re nervous and shy in the band. You can’t relax and be yourself. You’re afraid of doing something wrong or saying something. You feel uncomfortable talking to strangers. And also think you don’t have anything special to offer other people.
- Avoiding socially joining groups or being part of society. You only spend time with your immediate family or friends.
- Feeling ashamed when people meet your family or know a lot about them. You keep information about your family from other people.
- You cannot accept certain aspects of your nature at all; because you believed that others would think bad about you (shy, intellectual, emotional, feminine, weak, dependent, etc.)
- Having this scheme does not prevent you from having very close friends. However, it may be difficult for you to be in a group with them.
Peers and lives play an important role in the formation of this scheme. A difference (weight, height, appearance, intelligence, neighborhood, etc.) by your peers (at school or in your environment) to hurt you stressed, mocked with you, because of this situation can be effective in the formation of the schema. It may also be important that you perceive your own family as different from your peers’ family (poor, uneducated, etc.). However, the fact that your parents have this scheme is also an important factor in isolating themselves from society.
Schema Chemistry in Social Isolation
If you have a social isolation scheme, you may find that the environments where you will feel excluded are more attractive. For example, elite communities of high standardist people are called osy socialite?. environments. The groups you will be accepted as you are will not be attractive.
The Effect of Social Isolation Scheme on Your Relationship
This schema is related to your relationship with communities, so it is secondary to your relationships. You can choose a partner / partner from a group far out of the social group to which you belong. Very social people may appeal to you; however, you may experience problems because you will be uncomfortable with this sociality over time. You may not want to go to the communities your partner wants to go to, and so you can discuss. In order to increase your acceptance by the community, you can choose extremely beautiful, handsome, respectable spouses or try to be liked and chosen by them.
Therapy Objectives in Social Isolation Scheme
The main goal in schema therapy is to help you feel less different from other people. Even if you are not part of the general structure, we have a lot in common with other people. In the most general sense, the same needs, feelings and so on. we have; So we’re all human. There may be environments where you will definitely not be accepted; however, the aim is to find and accept the environments in which you will be accepted. To prevent your efforts to stay away from groups and people, to get rid of your loneliness should be among our main goals.